Confined spaces pose a significant risk to workers and can be found in various workplaces, including construction sites, manufacturing facilities, and utility plants. To ensure worker safety, proper training is essential.
Confined space training is a type of training that focuses on the safe entry, work, and exit procedures for these areas. This training aims to provide individuals with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform their job duties safely and effectively.
We will provide an overview of online confined space training, including what it is, the topics typically covered in a course, and the standards established by the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
Understanding the importance of safety training and the topics covered in such courses can help ensure worker safety and prevent accidents, injuries, and fatalities.
Confined Space Awareness Course Outline
This safety training course on confined space awareness is geared toward those who work in or around confined spaces. Here are the topics that are covered in different modules.
||Introduction to Confined Space
||Testing the Atmosphere
||PPE, Permits, and Rescue
Here are the main learning objectives of the confined space awareness training course.
- Develop an understanding of confined spaces and their different types.
- Comprehend the responsibilities of employers and workers associated with confined spaces.
- Explore the Occupational Health and Safety Act's significant provisions governing confined space operations.
- Recognize the hazards associated with permit-required confined spaces and take precautions to avoid them.
- Learn about ventilation systems, work permits, safety equipment, and industrial ovens used in confined spaces.
- Understand the safe entry procedures into confined spaces.
- Look at the hazards associated with wastewater and the precautions to mitigate them, including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and proper waste disposal procedures.
Duration and Prerequisites
You can easily complete this training in 2 hours. Here is the list of prerequisites needed to get the certification in our confined space training course.
- Quizzes: Ensure a thorough understanding of the course material by completing and passing all quizzes with a minimum score of 80% before proceeding to the next lesson.
- Final Exam: Demonstrate mastery of the course content by passing the final exam with a minimum score of 80%. The final exam can be taken up to three times if necessary to achieve the passing score.
Why Are Our Online Confined Space Certification the Best?
Canada Safety Training offers an Online confined space program that provides many benefits compared to traditional classroom training. Here are the top benefits:
|Print Your Certificate Immediately
||Receive a printable Wall Mount and Wallet Size Certificate as soon as you successfully complete all course exams.
|Canadian Standards Compliant Courses
||All training courses are carefully developed to meet and exceed Canadian Federal and Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
|Free Multiple Exam Attempts
||Take the exam as many times as needed without any additional charges. Then, review the course materials and retake the exam until you pass.
|Learn At Your Own Pace
||Enjoy unlimited access to the training materials and take the course at your own pace. Pause or resume the training as needed to fit your schedule.
|Stored Training Records
||All training and exam certification records are securely stored and can be accessed anytime to confirm your course completion.
|Dedicated User Support
||Our support team is available via phone and email during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM PST) to provide assistance and answer any questions you may have.
How to Enroll in Online Confined Space Training in 4 Easy Steps
Ensuring that your company is compliant with safety standards has never been easier, thanks to Canada Safety Training's streamlined four-step process:
Step 1: Create your account.
Step 2: Purchase bulk confined space training courses.
Step 3: Assign courses to your employees.
Step 4: Track employee progress and certificates.
Regional Helpful Confined Space Information
Here are the specific regional laws for further information on the region-wise safety requirement.
Completed Confined Space Safety Course? Here is what you have learned!
- Gain knowledge about confined space hazards and safety measures.
- Learn about types of confined spaces and the responsibilities of employers and workers.
- Explore provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations related to confined spaces.
- Recognize hazards of permit-required confined spaces and take necessary precautions such as ventilation, work permits, safety equipment, and industrial ovens.
- Obtain essential knowledge and skills for safe work in and around confined spaces.
- Print out the certificate and display it as proof of commitment to workplace safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the learning objectives of confined space training
The learning objectives of confined space training typically include identifying and assessing confined spaces, understanding potential hazards, implementing safety measures, and carrying out emergency procedures in the event of an incident or accident.
Who needs confined space entry training for construction?
All construction workers, supervisors, and managers who may need to enter a confined space as part of their job should receive confined space entry training. Failure to provide such training can result in serious accidents and legal liabilities.
How long is confined space training good for Canada?
There is no set expiration period for confined space training in Canada, but it is recommended that workers receive refresher training at least once every three years to maintain their knowledge and skills.
Can I take confined space training online?
Yes, it is possible to take confined space training online in some jurisdictions. However, it's important to ensure that the online training program is accredited and meets the regulatory requirements in your area.
What is required for confined space training in Ontario?
In Ontario, every confined space training should involve some hands-on practice using safety gear, such as safety harnesses and personal protection equipment.
Additionally, the training must meet the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and related regulations.
The training should cover the specific hazards associated with confined spaces, as well as the procedures for safe entry and exit, atmospheric testing, and emergency response.
Does confined space training expire in Alberta?
In Alberta, there is no specific expiry period for confined space training. However, employers are required to ensure that workers are competent and have the necessary knowledge and skills to perform their work safely, which may include periodic refresher training to maintain their proficiency. It's important to consult with the relevant regulatory authorities for specific guidance on confined space training requirements in Alberta.
Who needs confined space awareness training?
Confined space awareness training is essential for the following individuals:
- Workers who may need to enter, work in, or exit confined spaces as part of their job duties
- Supervisors or managers responsible for workers who may need to enter, work in, or exit confined spaces
- Safety personnel responsible for identifying, assessing, and controlling hazards associated with confined spaces
- Emergency responders who may need to perform rescue operations in confined spaces
- Contractors who may work on or near confined spaces as part of a construction or maintenance project.